As a banjo player, I’m sure you’ve experienced being the brunt of the jokes at your local jam. I thought I’d list just a few things others are saying about us so you can be prepared for the next barrage.
- Banjo players spend half their lives tuning and the other half playing out of tune.
- What will you never say about a banjo player?
That’s the banjo player’s Porsche.
- “Doctor, doctor will I be able to play the banjo after the operation?”
“Yes, of course…”
“Great! I never could before…”
- Why do fiddlers pick on banjo players?
Because they can’t pick on their fiddles.
- Anyone can play one of them things – all you need is three fingers and a plastic head.
- If you practice, tune, make a sound check, and sit down to play it’s Folk music — otherwise it’s Bluegrass.
- “Some people call this next song Cripple Creek — but they’re wrong!”
- A few years ago a lost group of banjo players were discovered on a remote island in the Pacific.
When asked how they survived for so long, they answered, “from the supplies dropped by the helicopters…”
- What’s the difference between a banjo player and a savings bond?
A savings bond eventually matures and earns money.
- No matter how much you tune it — it will still sound like a banjo!